Community Access Roads, Footpaths, and Footbridges (CARFF) Programme.
This Programme is focused on the construction and upgrade of Community Access Roads, Footpaths and Footbridges to improve access within communities. Farm roads which are deemed as community access roads are also considered for upgrading under the Programme.
- New road construction
- Maintenance/ upgrading of existing road access
- Footpath/ concrete walkway
- Irish crossings
- Drainage/ culverts
The minimum cost of the project that can be under this Programme is $2,500.00.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Communities in the rural areas
- Project will benefit women, persons living with disability, older persons, youth and children
- Community has a roading committee or will be able to form a roading committee
- Community will be able to undertake the upkeep of the infrastructure
- Community has the consent of the landowner
Community to contribute utilizing local resources available for footpath, footbridges, and access road. Local resources such as:
- River Sand
- River Gravel; and
- Applicant must be able to provide evidence of availability and ownership of resources/ assets that can support their application
- Confirmation letter from the Turaga ni Koro OR District Advisory Councilor will be required
Support letter from line agency will also be required (if necessary)